Friday, October 5, 2007

The day I've been waiting for...

Alright, any pre-3-day-weekend day is a day I'm looking forward to (or day to which I look forward...for the English teacher). But today was especially strange, being that I didn't teach the first two periods of the day. All students were held in the auditorium because of an incident that happened yesterday after school. Lets just say...these kids think they are tough...then they had an assembly to threaten them with being arrested for being stupid (Yes, you can be arrested for that!) and getting into fights.

However, the good part of not teaching 2 periods, is that you have one heck of a planning period, in which secretaries and aides come into your room and help you "decorate" your room so that it is up to "standard". Alright, I'm just a little bitter that as a teacher, I am required to have certain things (standards, data and other glorified decorations) posted in my room to somehow highlight my teaching, just to be ignored and unused by my students. And truth-be-told no amount of "decor" will detract from the eye sore in my room in the form of 3 10-year-old computers...talk to me when you take out the trash!

Alright, I'll stop whining...just one more thing: DC doesn't know when Oktoberfest weekend actually is celebrated. But, at least I have roommates to celebrate late with. Alright, I haven't posted in a while...and then I just complained. How about this: I'll let you know next week how my first Parent/Teacher Conferences go! I've been told that I have nothing to look forward to...unless a parent wants to chew me out. Stay tuned!