Sunday, September 16, 2007

What do I do with my life you ask?

I truly couldn't answer that question even if I knew. I am half way through the weekend, and I still need to spend two weekends worth of work getting caught up on lesson planning! I told someone I need 8 days in a week the other day to have a real life, but I managed to have a little fun yesterday!

If you can't tell by the picture posted above...that is the Washington Monument...and people playing ultimate frisbee. I'm sure my friends from Whitworth would either be proud (more likely indifferent) that I found a frisbee team! (Or that John found me to play on his team). But when he gave me directions, I forgot that was just south of the White House too. Needless to say, pretty good view to the north and south while playing. Though there are more important things in life, we did win the game, and they may even pretend like they want me to come back. They were fun to play with...it was jut fun to run around in the sun.

Who's John you say? Well, I won't give you the whole back story on meeting John...but suffice it to say he's excited I play ultimate and am a math teacher. Apparently he wants me on their team because I'm young (little does he know that I'm not good) and he also wants me to tutor his daughter in math. So, he took me out to dinner Friday night with his family so I could meet his daughter (4th grade) and wife and son (6 years old). It was fun to meet them, and I will officially have taught all 3 school levels math by the end of this (my first) year of teaching. So then he says: "what are you doing tomorrow at 2pm?"...of course my answer is: "I have no life"...such a lie...but I can't pass up fun like that.

I also spent money I don't have at Target, and watched stupid television on my DVR. Those things were not on the original agenda...I just got bored and lazy. So, its Sunday morning and I've been walking around the market for a little while, now I'm having coffee with some interweb and fresh air a la carte. There is this cool gospel group performing on the street corner that I'm listening to also (did I mention I live in a cool neighborhood!) Alright, I should go back to work...I mean home. And before you know it...it will be bed time again!