Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tellin' it like it is...

I guess conferences are what we could call, uneventful. I could have taken the high road, and given a few students the benefit of the doubt...but only a few parents showed up...so I made it interesting.

Actually, I just told the truth. In fact, its much like a news report. So, when Danesha's mom asked how she was doing in class, she was a little more than put off by the truth (Hey, she said it...not me!). Now, I thought about calling my dad first to find out if I was TRULY a bastard...but then the question answered itself. And I think Danesha was just upset that she had been dragged to conferences knowing exactly what she had done. I don't seek out opportunities to "snitch" as it were...but I have a hard time lying to parents (just ask my own!)

Speaking of the truth: According to a quality review of our school...only 36% of teachers at our school ACTUALLY believe that we are on the right track (compared, unfortunately, to the 31% of teachers in the district who believe their schools are on the right track). No comment. Just the truth.

I have 8 days of school until vacation. No comment. Just the truth.

I have 2 weeks until I get to see my family. No comment. Just the truth (actually, the truth is...I'm excited!).

I think more people need to hear the truth. I, however, could just use some sleep. In the meantime, consult the Bible (or wikipedia).