Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Days of school - 6, Fights - 1, Kids suspended - 2, Actually teaching math - Priceless

Cold-cocked. Messed up. Owned (Pwned). Straight jacked in the jaw. The business end of a rabbit punching.

And tell Mr. White what he's won: that's right...get out of my class!

I thought I was just putting off the talkative kids at first. Now I realize, that when students complain about others "clownin' on me" that means: if you don't listen to me I'm going to make they other guy look like a clown with a big red nose and black eye (alright, if you want the real definition, try the link to UrbanDictionary.com for one of many entries in my blog!)

So, I was pretty surprised I made it through a week without it, but for now...I'm glad the swing wasn't taken at me. I pulled the guys off each other pretty quick, but I'm serious about the rabbit punches...he got a few quick ones in and then the chairs went over. I had pretty good attention of that class for the first time in a week. I threw one kid out to security and then had the rest of them: "This is a good example of how NOT to act in Mr. Milliron's class...are we clear?"...I love having that attention (minus the fight part)!

So, I'm at an establishment down the street that provides internet and refreshments. As for the rest of the day, I'll head home to my house (that is internet-less) and couch/chair-less (I don't know which luxury I would like more?) but I am setting up my place pretty successfully. Well, at least I have a microwave. I'll upload some pictures here in a while also. We'll make the roommate purchasing trip to IKEA next weekend (I'll be sure to let you know what HELL is like) and I hope that I can keep a steady stream of teacher stories coming for you! Thanks for listening...err...reading.