Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 2: Salt Lake City

After getting into Salt Lake City about 10:30 PM on Sunday night, we slept in on Monday morning. We took this day off from our road trip to hang out with my mother (Jake’s grandmother, of course) and my two aunts, Eleanor and Irene. Of all my relatives, I think Irene and Eleanor are my favorites – outside of my immediate family anyway. I hope they won’t be offended, but hanging out with three gray haired ladies is a blast! They are so much fun and I love just sitting and talking with them. So that’s what we did. Well, except for a brief afternoon excursion to America’s favorite buffet restaurant, Chuck-O-Rama, and sneaking out in the morning to go to one of my all time favorite coffee shops, Grounds for Coffee; where they not only have good coffee and a great staff but also WiFi!