Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 5: Frederick, MD to Washington, D.C.

So, now the real fun begins - following all the detailed Google Maps directions to our hotel!

I-70 to I-270 to the George Washington Parkway to I-395 (via the Pentagon parking lot – or at least that’s the way we went) back across the Potomac into downtown D.C. (where you are more than a little distracted by driving by the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial (can you say “compensating”?) and the U.S. Capitol off in the distance) and then onto I-295 (for about 15 seconds) to the “S. Capitol St.” exit.

Amazingly we drove straight to our hotel (assuming the Pentagon parking lot is really part of the route) and were checked into our room by 11:15 PM. We have a very nice view of the U.S. Capitol and Washington Monument right out our window. Suh-weet!

Now if we can find Jake a place to live tomorrow, I’ll be able to relax . . .