Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day 3: Salt Lake City to Little America

After sleeping in until 9:00 AM, we said our good-byes to my Mom, and Aunts Eleanor and Irene, we hit the road about 10:30 AM. We hit Grounds for Coffee and headed to Park City.

We got to Park City shortly after 11:00 AM and wandered around for about a half hour. I’ve been there a few times before but this was Jake’s first visit. It’s a cool town – where the residents are richer than snot – and a fun spot to hang out in for a while. We stopped at the Wasatch Brewing Company, cuz, well, we like Brew Pubs and this is the home of the famous Polygamy Porter. Jake bought a Wasatch t-shirt and I got a Polygamy Porter pint glass.

We were back on the road a bit before 11:30 AM and headed toward Wyoming. When we hit Evanston – just across the border from Utah – it was time for a break. Mostly so I could relieve myself of the coffee and Polygamy Porter I had rented earlier in the day.

While we were at the Bear River State Park Rest Stop we played the first of our 18-hole Frisbee Golf Course. Jake beat me by one stroke; a pattern that will likely be continued throughout the remainder of the trip. Our next hole will probably come at the Little America Truck Stop or in Rock Springs. We’ll see . . .