Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day 4: Omaha to The Amanas Rest Stop

As we ate lunch while we drove (something I apparently did not learn my lesson about after yesterday’s Taco Bell fiasco) we headed back onto I-80 and headed over the river to Iowa (State Motto: Land of Rolling Hills and Ubiquitous Corn Fields).

We stopped at rest area which advertised a “Free Wireless Hotspot.” That was true in the sense that there was a network to connect to but if you actually wanted to get on the internet – forget it. We gave up and moved on. Jake was driving and I was, uh, napping, as the picture below so painfully points out.

Once I woke up, we stopped at another rest area that had an informative historical marker about the Amana communities in southeastern Iowa. BUT the most significant thing to happen during this brief stop is that we managed to tie on this hole of our ongoing Frisbee Golf Tournament. I’m not sure who is leading, but I suspect it is not me.