Saturday, August 11, 2007

Now that I think about it...

this is very similar to the feeling I had applying to all these school districts to begin with. We spent forever in a day looking for places to live and felt exhausted with no promises by the end of the day. Except that applying for jobs was dragged out over months before I started to feel anxious; when applying for housing I was anxious before I started. I think I'm only anxious because everything I own is in a parking garage, protected by one lock and shatter-resistant glass (which is good for when rocks get kicked up off the road, but might insure protection against karate chop action!)

So, we've found quite a few awesome places and I wished I had all those options to choose from, but I'll settle for something that has air-conditioning (not coming out of a dashboard). For tomorrow it will be more calls, and more stalking up to people's windows. But I thought I'd let you know that I was nervous and anxious so that you didn't have to be! And Dad is also taking on the responsibilities of nagging and giving bad directions while I drive, so you don't have to do that either!

Good day though:
-we found Guinness and an Irish Pub.
-we took lame tourist pictures (wonder how long it will take me to hate people like that)
-we couldn't find Starbucks, until we had coffee somewhere else...then turned around and found 3 of them across the street!
-did I mention that I get to share a king-size bed with my Dad?

Goodnight!